Friday, January 20, 2012

Holiday Knitting - a blanket and a shawl

I knit my first real blanket while away for a week. It is Umaro and knit out of Cascade Lana Grande in the Espresso colorway. I really love it but think it would be equally beautiful in a pale color like the pattern pics. If I had been doing this at home, it would have taken me months but because I had more time and was focused, I managed the finish it off the day after we got home. It is 52" x 55" unblocked.



My other finished project that week was Whippoorwill which is absolutely gorgeous. It is out of Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in Denim and Ink. I will have to take pics of this shawl being worn as it is a beautiful shape and looks great on.


I have a couple of cardigans finished in January but one I need a picture of it modelled and the other needs a couple of buttons. When I have those sorted, I will do another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment