Tuesday, January 17, 2012

More January FOs

I finished the lovely Moiraine by Arlene's World of Lace which was my first beaded project. I used Socks that Rock Lightweight in Blue Moonstone and I really liked working with this yarn. It was my first project with STRL. The beads were 6/0 seed beads from my local bead shop in Brisbane.



I will definitely do more beaded knitting. This one was pre-strung and I used the tutorial from Leslie of The Knitgirllls which was very helpful. I bought a basic bead spinner from Michael's when I was last in the US. I also want to make the Shipwreck Shawl and I have the yarn and beads so that will hopefully happen in 2012.

It is a gift for a friend but it will be hard to give it away - I love it. She is a special friend though and she admired this skein of yarn when she was visiting so it was lovely to make something for her out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment