Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Days

The Basic Chic Hoodie is done (except for buttons) and I am really pleased with it. The yarn is super soft and squooshy and the cardi very warm. The hood looks good and I am happy I made it, even though I will probably never wear it over my head. I will have to look online for buttons as the local choices are pretty pricey.


A friend of my husband's just had a baby girl so I made a Baby Kina out of some very pretty Madelinetosh MCN Sport in Lepidoptera. It is a very cute pattern and I will certainly make it again - probably very soon as on of my friends just had a baby girl.





This one also doesn't yet have buttons but I did find some today at the local Spotlight. I'll take another pic when I finally sew them on. It should be soon as this needs to get mailed to the mum.

I took a pic today of Whippoorwill being worn and thought it was worth putting here as it is such a good shape and very easy to wear.


My new cardigan on the needles is the Rocky Coast Cardigan by Hannah Fettig from her book Coastal Knits with Alana Dakos. There are a lot of beautiful patterns in this book and I am sure I will be making more from it soon.

It is knitting up very fast on 6.5mm (US10.5) needles. This is two days' knitting.



I am using the same yarn as in the sample The Fibre Company Organik in Artic Tundra.

Still only 3 wips which is great but poor, poor Marlene. I bought the needle I needed on Friday last week but I still haven't touched her. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment